RPS 11 - Show Report

It was great to see everyone last Saturday. I love it when we have a big turnout for the show. I guess it is tough to go wrong when you have a movie as great as Raiders. So, as everyone knows, the new one comes out this week. Let's keep our fingers crossed and hope that it lives up to all the hype!

I don't know how many of you noticed but I was tinkering around with the sound during the show. At first it didn't seem loud enough so I cranked it up. Then it was easy to hear but by the next action sequence with rumbling bass it took no time to blow out BOTH speakers. Damn. That's the second time I've done that now. My gear just isn't beefy enough. I need to find some speakers - like concert speakers - that can blast the sound. If anyone has any leads on some concert-style monitors/speakers let me know - I'm in the market for those and a mixer.

Moving forward....

I have an announcement, of sorts. Really just a teaser. First off, the show on June 7 has been canceled as I will be out of town. Now for the teaser...

There is something big coming on Friday, June 13 - a movie, yes. But much MUCH more than a movie. I can't say any more than that. This will not be your normal show. I promise.

Stay tuned...

Comments

John Young said…
Congratulations on another awesome show, you guys.

Look into guitar tube amps -- lots of people have them in their basement, and they are loud, loud, LOUD. We use a six-foot Lee Jackson Ampeg tube amp stack for the Guerilla Drive-In in West Chester, PA, and it provides the "Michael J. Fox playing the guitar in the beginning of Back to the Future" effect.
Guy Gadbois said…
Oh you bet I noticed, bub, I just thought you were trying to take us back to the days of mono :)

Popular posts from this blog

New Stuff

A Great Show